UC Berkeley Shinjo Ito Postdoctoral Fellowship in Buddhist Studies 2019–2021
Postdoctoral Scholar — Buddhism — Group in Buddhist Studies
Applicants must have their PhD or equivalent degree in hand by their start date. At the time of application, the basic minimum qualification is the completion of all degree requirements other than the dissertation, in Buddhist Studies or a closely related field.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Candidates may have no more than three years of post-PhD research experience prior to the appointment start date.
- A certified copy of the Ph.D. certificate is required before the appointment can go into effect.
- University-level teaching experience in a relevant field.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae, listing degrees, any publications, and teaching experience
- Graduate school transcripts
- A personal statement of no more than 2000 words outlining previous research (including dissertation), the research the applicant will undertake during the term of the fellowship, future professional goals, as well as any other information deemed relevant to the application
- A writing sample
- A two- to four-page statement of teaching interests, along with two brief course proposals (with optional syllabi) of courses they propose to teach for the Group in Buddhist Studies (Note: UC Berkeley courses normally meet a total of three or four hours per week throughout a fourteen-week semester)
- Candidates who do not yet hold a Ph.D. but expect to by June 30, 2019, should supply a letter from their home institution confirming their schedule to completion.
- Applicants should request three letters of recommendation.
A link will be posted here in November, 2018.